Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Quick Hair Update

Okay, so I've totally become an organic ingredients junkie. I always loved organic food, but now I'm applying it to my hair, and I LOVE the results. Here are my top two recipes thus far.

Modified Edge Growth (but can be used for growth overall- thanks Laney for the base):
  • 2 oz Castor oil
  • ~5% sulfur (sublimed. for me this was about a teaspoon + 1 pinch)
  • Pure, organic coconut oil (about .5oz)
  • Few drops Tea Tree Oil (essential oil)
  • few drops Jojoba Oil (just to thin it out along with the CB oil)
  • A little Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
I only apply this one to my scalp because I don't like my hair TOO oily. Also, it can build-up so unless you shampoo at least once a week (preferably along with a co-wash) I wouldn't recommend using it. Also SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE before you use it. Sulfur settles.

Deep Conditioner (Protein and Moisture)
  • 1 egg
  • 1 spoonful mayonnaise
  • 3 spoonfuls of Honey
  • a little Pure Coconut Oil
  • a little EVOO
  • a little Castor Oil
I also added a little of the product Mega-Tek (a conditioner made for horse grooming- look it up, good ish).

I don't have a hooded dryer at home, so I placed a processing cap over my head for 35min, and then I placed a warm towel over the cap for like 20min (give or take a few minutes). I followed up with a moisturizing conditioner (no protein) My hair turned out wonderful (I'm natural)! Even my stylist noticed a difference, and I go to him weekly. Try it out ladies. :)

Anyway, just trying to share what's working for me thus far... all hair is different.

No comments:

Post a Comment