Saturday, January 22, 2011

Self-inflicted Prison... Wrote This One a Few Weeks Ago...

My body is a cage
Constrained by limits of my own placing
If you could only feel with my same nerves the anticipation that comes with bracing
For the next restriction I'll thrash my spirit with
Savage I am, but aren't we all to ourselves?

I once thought love was the key to all happiness
Forgetting that if self love comes last, love is nothing but another subject to be concealed within Pandora's box.

I cry ya'll. Every night.

Despite the depths within the labyrinth of my mind, my many thoughts all come back to one.
With the grief of Athena, I focus all emotion there.
Wondering what would be if I never made that one slip
That distraction that turned my one attempt into addiction.

My only hope is self-freedom, but I can't get past the self-redemption... These bars... How do I bend them?

Constructive feedback welcome... just don't be a jerk because I'm good at being that too :-)

4 comments:

  1. Its SO MUCH ! So amazing. My mind races trying to figure out the "background story", And sadly, I keep guessing its a problem you had with a friend. Maybe female...
    The only reason I say this is because of the "Athena's grief" portion. Poor Pallas....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm more than pleasantly surprised you picked up on the Pallas reference. Nice. Thank you so much for your feedback. No problem with a female... problem with myself- much worse. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Told you I was a nerd. I enjoy history and Greek mythology.
    Poetry is the perfect outlet for emotion... I should've kept up with it...Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I call mine the "self-imposed exile". That feeling that comes with knowing you are courageous enough to get over somethings but not all the time. And from what I can tell, it gets worse as you get older. But live, love and do your best to have little to no regrets. what is for you is for you. In other words...great poem.

    ReplyDelete