Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ahhh The Answering Machine...

Am I seriously the only one who misses answering machines? The girlish giddiness that came with waiting on that certain someone to leave a message, saving and replaying the message when it was someone you liked...

Now mind you, when answering machines were around, I certainly wasn't of age to be experiencing such things, but my siblings and friends were. I can remember the exuberant joy they expressed when the message came- a request for their time (ie. a date); and the tears when the message never came. Nowadays, I guess we just wait for... a text messgae/IM/e-mail? I feel like I missed out!

I, for one, never check the voicemail on my personal cellphone, and anyone that knows me well, knows not to even bother. Anyway, I don't have much to say on this topic. I have a boyfriend... would you guys judge me if I bought an answering machine and asked him to leave sweet everythings and anythings on it? :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment